I preached on Sunday at the King's Arms about the feeding of the 4000 (Mark 8). It's such a familiar passage. Many of us know the gist of it. If we don't know the feeding of the 4000, I'm sure we will have heard about when Jesus fed the 5000. The story is basically the same:
- A crowd was following Jesus and they ran out of food.
- Jesus told His disciples to give them something to eat
- The disciples freaked out
- Jesus asked them what food they could find, and they gave Him some bread and fish
- Jesus looked to His Father and blessed the food and handed it to His disciples to distribute.
- Everyone in the crowd ate as much as they wanted
- The disciples picked up LOTS of leftovers.